NoticeBard brings to you 13 key educational opportunities with a deadline up to Aug 22, 2021. From PhD admissions to fellowships, scholarships to competitions, we have collated all the opportunities at one place. The deadlines for these opportunities are approaching fast. They all close applications in the upcoming week. So apply fast.
1. Call for Applications: One-year Program in Career and College Counseling by CBSE [Starts from Sept 12]: Apply by Aug 16
Applications are invited for One-year Program in Career and College Counseling by CBSE for the year 2021. The last date of application submission is 16 August.
The IC3 Institute is planning to train 200 teachers of schools affiliated to CBSE for one-year program in Career and College Counseling (ref. Annexure I), which will begin from 12th September 2021. The program is designed for full-time high school counselors/teachers, is offered at no cost and provides guidance and training resources for participants to help establish and maintain robust career and college counseling departments within schools.
- Application: Schools may encourage its counselor/ teacher to apply in prescribed application form (Annexure-III) along with approved letter from school (As per Annexure-II) within 16th August 2021 to cbsedstraining[at]gmail.com.
- Training Format: Blended, four distinct one-week modules held every quarter, conducted in-person at four different host universities(among Ashoka University, Ahmedabad University, Shiv Nadar University, OP Jindal Global University, Flame University, Shoolini University, BML Munjal University, and Krea University etc.) online resources, and video sessions conducted by experts.
2. FOSS4Gov Innovation Challenge 2021 by Govt of India [Cash Prizes Upto Rs. 90L]: Register by Aug 17
The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) announces #FOSS4Gov Innovation Challenge to accelerate adoption of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in Government and build Indian FOSS Ecosystem. Through this challenge, we invite innovators, start-ups, working professionals, academics and students in India to showcase their existing FOSS based innovations and/or build new, implementable, open source product innovations in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) with possible applications for Govtech in Health, Education, Agriculture, Urban Governance etc.
- Eligibility: The Challenge is open for all Indian entrepreneurs and FOSS enthusiasts including startups, students, academia, coders, IT professionals, engineers, UI/UX professionals, etc. All applicants should:
- Be Indian citizens and currently residing in India OR startups/Companies registered in India wherein majority stakeholders are Indians; and
- Register either as individuals with atmost 2 supporting team members, with the team leader registering on behalf of the team.
- Prizes: Exciting cash prizes for the winning solutionsThe Top winning teams in each of the two categories (CRM and ERP) will receive INR 20 Lakhs (CRM) + INR 20 Lakhs (ERP) and the second team will receive INR 15 Lakhs (CRM) + INR 15 Lakhs (ERP) and the third team will receive INR 10 Lakhs (CRM) + INR 10 Lakhs (ERP) as funding to further develop and add features to the selected application, along with certificate from the Hon’ble Minister of Electronics & IT.
3. Maire Tecnimont Postdoctoral Fellowships at NIT Surathkal [3 Vacancies]: Apply by Aug 18
Applications are invited from interested meritorious candidates under Maire Tecnimont Postdoctoral Fellowships for Sustainable Development, for CSR funded research project on Waste Recycling and Circular Economy.
The Maire Tecnimont Post-Doctoral Fellowship (MTE-PDF) for Sustainable Development is aimed to identify motivated young researchers and provide them support for doing research in frontier areas of Waste Recycling and Circular Economy.
- Project Title: Waste Recycling and Circular Economy sponsored by Tecnimont Private Limited, Mumbai, the Indian subsidiary of Maire Tecnimont S.p.A. Milan Italy.
- Eligibility: Ph.D. in the research areas related to Renewable Energy/ Waste Recycling and Circular Economy/ Thermal Engineering/ Energy Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Chemistry.
- Application: Interested candidates may apply in the prescribed format along with CV, photo copies of relevant certificates, grade/ mark sheets, publications etc., and should reach NITK on or before 18/08/2021 by post/ email (scanned documents) at the prescribed address below: Sd/- Dr. Vasudeva Madav / Prof Ashok Babu CSR Project Coordinators Maire Tecnimont Centre for Research in Waste Recycling and Circular Economy National Institute of Technology Karnataka Surathkal Email: email@example.com.
4. Apprentice Trainee in Architecture at Panjab University, Chandigarh [4 Seats]: Apply by Aug 20
Board of Apprenticeship Training, Northern Region (Kanpur), sponsored by Ministry of H.R.D. Govt. of India, had introduced in the year 1999 a 12-months Apprenticeship Training Programme in the Senior Architect’s Office, Panjab University, Chandigarh. The new session is likely to be operative from 1st October, up to 30th September, 2021, offering 12 months training for the following positions: –
- Eligibility: 3-Year Diploma in Architectural Assistantship.
- Duration: 12 Months
- Stipend: Rs. 3542 /- p.m. (for 12 Months)
5. Internship Opportunity at TERI, Guwahati: Apply by Aug 20
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Internship Opportunity at TERI, Guwahati.
- Eligibility: Intern has to be from Sociology, Social Work or Rural development background (Graduation final year/ or Masters).
- Reviewing of survey forms in online portal for Creation of Village Resource Database in Assam with GIS interface, using a mobile application project and review comments as per the requirement of respective forms.
- Data entry, data cleaning and uploading of data/document in the web portal as per the scope of the project.
- Assisting the professionals in data collection and conducting trainings, etc.
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
6. Change-Makers in Education (CMIE) Fellowship and Internship Program 2021-22 by Govt. of Delhi [Stipend Available]: Apply by Aug 20
The Change-Makers in Education (CMIE) Fellowship and the Change-Makers in Education (CMIE) Internship are two programs launched by the State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Government of NCT of Delhi.
- Eligibility: Post-Graduate, OR Graduate with a minimum 2 years of work-experience (Fellowship). Graduated within the last two academic years i.e. batch of 2019 (Internship)
- Duration: Fellowship- 1 year (extendable by 1 year) & Internship- 6 months (extendable by 6 months)
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.
7. Ph.D. Position at IIIT Delhi: Apply by Aug 20
Applications are invited for a Ph.D. Position for a National Supercomputing Mission sponsored project on “Orbit computation of Resident Space Objects for Space Situational Awareness” at IIITD. The selected candidate will work on high fidelity orbit propagation of RSOs and help in developing AI algorithms for future collision probability analysis.
- Eligibility: Master degree in CSE, ECE, Aerospace Engineering or related field with CGPA >= 7.5.
- Application: Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Stipend: Rs. 31,000/- (+ HRA) for CSIR-UGC Net (Assistant Professorship)/ GATE qualified candidate
8. Graduate & Diploma Apprenticeship 2021 at NEEPCO, Shillong [94 Vacancies]: Apply by Aug 20
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Graduate & Diploma Apprenticeship 2021 at NEEPCO, Shillong.
- The candidate should be a resident of India.
- The candidate should have completed Graduation / Diploma not before 30th November, 2018.
- The candidate must have Aadhaar Card/ Driving License/ Pan Card/ Voter ID Card/ Passport which is required for online registration.
- Age limit: Maximum age 28 years as on 31-07-2021, but not less than 18 years. Age relaxation is allowed for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Classes/ Persons with Disability/ Ex-servicemen, as per applicable Govt. of India rules.
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the training program through this link.
9. POWERGRID Apprenticeship 2021 for Graduate/ Diploma & Management Students: Apply by Aug 20
Applications are invited for POWERGRID Apprenticeship 2021 for Graduate/ Diploma & Management Students. The last date of application is 20 August.
- Application: Apply for Apprenticeship in POWERGRID – Click Here.
- Eligibility & Stipend
|S.No.||Trade Name||Qualification (Recognized Regular Degree/ Diploma/Certificate)||Stipend(₹)*|
|1||ITI (Electrical)||ITI in Electrical (Full Time Course)||₹ 11000|
|2||Diploma Electrical||Full Time (3 years course) – Diploma in Electrical Engineering||₹ 12000|
|3||Diploma Civil||Full Time (3 years course) – Diploma in Civil Engineering||₹ 12000|
|4||Graduate Electrical||Full Time (4 years course) – B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc.(Engg.) in Electrical Engineering||₹ 15000|
|5||Graduate Civil||Full Time (4 years course) – B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc.(Engg.) in Civil Engineering||₹ 15000|
|6||Graduate in Electronics/Telecommunication Engineering||Full Time (4 years course) – B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc.(Engg.) in Electronics / Telecommunication Engineering||₹ 15000|
|7||Graduate Computer Science||Full Time (4 years course) – B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc.(Engg.) in Computer Science Engineering / Information Technology||₹ 15000|
|8||HR Executive (Payroll and Employee Data Management)||MBA (HR) / MSW / Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management / Personnel Management & Industrial Relation (2 years full time Course)||₹ 15000|
Candidates who possess educational qualification as mentioned and passed (date of result of final examination) within two years from the closing date of application, and are medically fit as per the provisions of the Apprentice Act, 1961 are eligible to apply for apprenticeship in POWERGRID.
10. Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Quiz Contest 2021 by Govt of India [Prizes of Rs. 19k]: Register by Aug 21
Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW) proposes to conduct a ‘PMFBY Quiz’ competition through MyGov from 21st June to 21st August 2021 with an aim to create an awareness amongst citizens about the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY), launched on 18 February 2016 by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi.
- Eligibility: Any Citizen, PMFBY beneficiary OR his/her family member may participate.
- Registration: Interested candidates can register & play the quiz via this page.
- Prizes: Top 3 winners will be rewarded with a Prize Money from MoA&FW.
- 1st Prize money – Rs. 11,000/-
- 2nd Prize money – Rs.5,000/- and
- 3rd Prize money – Rs 3,100/-
11. Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship 2022-23 [Full Tuition Fee + Summer Internship]: Apply by Aug 22
Applications are invited for Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship 2022-23. The last date of application submission is 22 August 2021.
- Eligibility: To be eligible for the 2022 Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Indian female citizen student.
- Must be enrolled as a full time student in a formal technology 4 year BE / B.Tech education program or an Integrated ME/MS/MTech program at an Indian University or Institute at the time of applying and should be completing the program in Academic year 2023.
- Should be pursuing a Major or Minor in the following streams: Computer Science/Engineering, Information Science, Data Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Math and Computing.
- Application: Applications must be submitted through the dedicated application portal which opens on Tuesday July 27th, 2021, 5 pm India time and will close on Sunday August 22nd, 2021, 5 pm India time.
- Benefits: Scholarship will cover:
- Fund toward tuition fees for the remainder of the award recipient’s university education ending in academic year 2023.
- Opportunity for Summer Internship at Adobe India in 2022*.
- Mentoring by a senior technology leader from Adobe.
- Travel to Grace Hopper Conference India, including participation fees.
12. eRaksha Competition 2021 by NCERT & CyberPeace Foundation: Register by Aug 22 [Extended]
NCERT in collaboration with CyberPeace Foundation is organising eRaksha Competition 2021. The last date of registration is 22 August 2021.
CIET-NCERT in collaboration with CyberPeace Foundation has been spreading awareness amongst children and young adults on the need to be safe, smart and resilient in the cyber space through the ‘e-Raksha Competition’. Thee-Raksha Competition 2021 has been launched and the theme of the competition is: ‘My Idea of a Safe and Peaceful Cyber Space’.
- Registration: Interested candidates can register via this page.
- Category: The competitions are open for the following categories:
- Category 1: School Students (Classes 6-8)
- Category 2: School Students (Classes 9-12)
- Category 3: College Students (Ages 17 and above)
- Category 4: Teachers (From Schools & Colleges of Education)
- Category 5: Faculty (Colleges & Universities)
- Category 6: Parents & Guardians
- Awards: Winners will be selected in each category for all the competitions. The winners will receive Trophies and Certificates. Their profiles along with project details will be included in the Winner Compendium. The shortlisted candidates will receive Appreciation Certificates. All participants with valid entries will receive Participation Certificates in digital format.
13. Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) Fellow Programme 2022 at Germany: Apply by Aug 22
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) Fellow Programme 2022 at Germany.
- Fellowships are open to individuals at all career stages and may be combined with sabbaticals.
- The IASS strongly encourages experts with a strong interest in sustainability and societal transformation to apply for this programme.
- Applicants can come from a wide range of sectors such as science, public administration, the private sector, civil society, media and the arts.
- Applicants from the scientific community are expected to generally have a PhD or similar level of experience. For those outside academia, several years’ work experience in a given field is a requirement.
- Application: Applications must be submitted in English. All documents should be collated into a single PDF file not exceeding 10MB and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more such opportunities, keep visiting NoticeBard.com.