NoticeBard brings to you 13 important educational opportunities with a deadline up to Aug 15, 2021. From PhD admissions to fellowships, scholarships to competitions, we have collated all the opportunities at one place. The deadlines for these opportunities are approaching fast. They all close applications in the upcoming week. So apply fast.
1. Commonwealth Professional Fellowship 2021-22 for Mid-Career Professionals: Apply by Aug 9
All Commonwealth Professional Fellowships in the 2021/22 round are in the thematic area of Girls’ Education.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low- and middle-income countries to spend a period of time at a UK Host organisation working in their sector for a programme of professional development.
- Eligibility: To be eligible for these fellowships, prospective Fellows must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowships programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum
- Fellowship Amount: Each fellowship provides:
- Approved return airfare from the Fellow’s home country to the UK
- Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,704 per month, or £2,115 per month for those at organisations in the London metropolitan area (at 2020/21 rate)
- If a Fellow declares a disability, a full assessment of needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC. See the CSC disability support statement for more information
- Arrival allowance of up to £22 (at 2020/21 rate), including an element for warm clothing
- For the Girls’ Education programme a £1,000 travel allowance to facilitate attendance at events.
- Application: Applications must be made using the CSC’s online application system.
2. Chief Minister’s Urban Leaders Fellowship Programme 2021 by Delhi Government [Amount Upto Rs. 1.25 L]: Apply by Aug 9
Applications are invited for CMULF- Chief Minister’s Urban Leaders Fellowship Programme 2021 by Delhi Government. The last date of application is 9 August 2021.
- Eligibility: The Chief Minister’s Urban Leadership Fellows programme invites application for outstanding young leaders who are Indian citizens or holding OCI status and between 21-35 years of age.
- Online Application: The first round of shortlisting will be done based on academic and professional qualifications of the applicants, and their responses to personal statement question in the online application. Candidates will be evaluated on criteria such as academic performance, credibility of institution, total years and relevance of work experience, and motivation for the Fellowship programme. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview round.
- Remuneration of ₹1,25,000 per month will be provided to Fellows and ₹75,000 per month will be provided to Associate Fellows.
3. Taiwan International Graphic Design Award (TIGDA) 2021 [Prizes Worth Rs. 28 L]: Apply by Aug 10
Applications are invited for the Taiwan International Graphic Design Award (TIGDA) 2021.
Taipei City Government organizes the Taipei International Design Award in the ethos of “Design for Adaptive City”, as an on-going gesture to the world, particularly to those with a passion for creativeness and design, a gesture in projecting the urban branding imagery of “Design Taipei; Dream Taipei”.
- Eligibility: This competition is open to designers from all regions and countries. (The competition can be registered jointly by design executors (companies) and institutes serviced by those executors (including organizations, companies, and related institutes).
- Application: Interested participants can apply through this link.
- Prizes: The total amount awards to NT$3,800,000.
4. NCPEDP – Javed Abidi Fellowship on Disability 2021 [25 Positions; 3 Years]: Apply by Aug 11
NCPEDP – Javed Abidi Fellowship on Disability, supported by Azim Premji Foundation is a three-year immersive leadership development programme for youth with disabilities looking to build a career in the development sector particularly Disability Rights and Inclusion, and with a focus on policy and practice.
- Applicants must be an Indian citizen between the age group of 18-28 years.
- Applicants should have completed a minimum secondary level of education.
- Preference will be given to youth with disabilities. However, exceptional youth without disabilities with prior (academic/work/volunteer) experience in the disability sector will also be considered.
- Fundamental knowledge of disability issues and other cross-cutting development issues in India is essential.
- Duration: The fellowship programme involves three years of dedicated commitment.
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
5. Research Officer at UPSC, New Delhi [8 Vacancies]: Apply by Aug 12
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Research Officer at UPSC, New Delhi.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India’s central agency, which conducts various exams such as, Civil Services Exam, IFS, NDA, CDS, SCRA etc. Civil services examination is popularly known as IAS exam and includes almost 24 services like IFS, IPS, IRS, IRPS and so on.
- Master’s degree of a recognised University in Hindi with English as compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level. (OR)
- Master’s degree of a recognised University in English with Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level. (OR)
- Master’s degree of a recognised University in any subject other than Hindi or English with Hindi medium and English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level. (OR)
- Master’s degree of a recognised University in any subject other than Hindi or English with English medium and Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level. (OR)
- Master’s degree of a recognised University in any subject other than Hindi or English with Hindi and English as a compulsory or elective subject or either of the two as a medium of examination and the other as a compulsory or elective subject at the degree level.
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the internship opportunity through this link.
6. Online Quiz on 1971 War by Govt of India [Aug 3-13]: Register by Aug 13
Registrations are invited for Online Quiz on 1971 War by Govt of India on 3-13 August 2021. The result will be declared on 15 August.
An online quiz is being conducted for Indian Citizens on the epic war of 1971 outlining the bravery and camaraderie of our troops as part of Swarnim Vijay Varsh Celebrations for motivating the youth and infusing a patriotic feeling among masses across the nation.
- Eligibility: The quiz is open to all Indian Citizens
- Registration: Interested candidates can register and play quiz via this page.
- Important dates: The Quiz is proposed to be conducted from 03rd Aug to 13th Aug 2021 & Results of the quiz will be declared on 15th Aug 2021.
7. ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships 2021-22: Apply by Aug 14
The Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), invites applications for Doctoral Fellowships for the year 2021-22 from Indian scholars. The research proposal should be in the field of social science discipline or may be interdisciplinary in nature having significant social science content.
Doctoral Fellowships are awarded to selected scholars, who are registered for Ph.D. in UGC recognized institutes of national importance, universities/ deemed universities, ICSSR research institutes and colleges having approved Ph.D. programme with requisite infrastructure as defined by MoE /UGC to pursue and complete their doctoral research in any social science discipline.
- Eligibility: The candidate must have a confirmed Ph.D. registration (Research Degree Committee (RDC) approved) at any of the institutions mentioned at 1.1 above on the last date of application. It includes the requirements of clearance of Research Entrance Test (RET); The Ph.D. topic must have been confirmed.
- Application: Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is August 14, 2021.
- Duration & Fellowship: The duration of the fellowship is strictly for two years or till the date of Ph.D. submission at the university, whichever is earlier. The value of the fellowship is Rs.20,000/- per month and contingency grant is Rs.20,000 /- per annum.
8. JOB POST: Trainee and Project Engineer at Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Bengaluru [511 Vacancies]: Apply by Aug 15
Bharat Electronics Limited, a Navaratna Company and India’s premier professional Electronics Company under the Ministry of Defence, requires the following personnel on contract basis, for EVM production for Export Manufacturing, SC & US, Military Radars and Military Communication SBUs of Bengaluru Complex.
- Eligibility: 4 years full time B.E / B. Tech Engineering course from a reputed Institute/ University in the Engineering disciplines of Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication/ Telecommunication/ Communication/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics. First Class is the indicated qualification for General, OBC and EWS candidates and Pass Class for SC, ST and PwD candidates.
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
9. TCS NQT – National Qualifier Test 2021 [Exam on Aug 30]: Apply by Aug 15
TCS National Qualifier Test (TCS NQT) is an Ability Test that assesses a candidate’s competencies and skills. Each candidate who completes the TCS National Qualifier Test (TCS NQT) gets an NQT Score. The NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score is applicable for all industries and job roles. The TCS National Qualifier Test (TCS NQT) is planned to be conducted every quarter.
- Eligibility: Candidates eligible to apply for the TCS National Qualifier Test (TCS NQT) should meet the below eligibility criteria:
- UG, PG and Diploma students who are in their pre-final and final year of study during the period 2021-2023
- Candidates who have passed out in the year 2017-2020, with a degree and specialisation
- Freshers with less than 2 years of experience
- Age limit – minimum 18 years and maximum 28 years
- Application: Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
10. Internship Opportunity at UNFCCC [Remote; 2-6 Months]: Apply by Aug 15
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Remote Internship Opportunity at UNFCCC.
The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is the focus of the political process to address climate change. The secretariat supports the Convention, its Kyoto Protocol and the Paris Agreement by a range of activities, including substantive and organizational support to meetings of the Parties.
- Eligibility: Candidates must be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree (minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) or a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) at a recognized university at the time of application and during the entire period of internship.
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
11. Engineering Campus Hiring Program by Goldman Sachs [Bengaluru, Hyderabad]: Apply by Aug 15
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Engineering Campus Hiring Program by Goldman Sachs.
The Engineering Campus Hiring Program is the firm’s initiative to identify and hire top Engineering talent from across engineering schools in the country. As part of the program candidates need to go through multiple assessment rounds, where they would be tested on their programming skills and analytical aptitude.
- Eligibility: This program is open to all engineering students in India across pre-final & final year of graduation and post-graduation.
- Registrations: July 22, 2021 – 6:00pm IST to August 15, 2021 – 11:59pm IST
12. Tata Crucible Corporate Quiz 2021 [Prizes Upto Rs. 3 L]: Register by Aug 15
‘Tata Crucible – The Business Quiz’ seeks to bring together sharpest young corporate minds in India to take on the heat of the toughest business quiz in India. Youth is a key audience cluster which the Tata Group is focusing its communication at and Tata Crucible is one of the key initiatives towards this engagement.
- Eligibility: This Event is open to only educational institutions located in India.
- Registration: Interested candidates can register via this page.
- National Final Winner: Grand Cash Prize of Rs.2.5 Lakhs**
- Cluster Final Winner: Cash Prize of Rs.35,000/-**
- Cluster Final Runner-Up: Cash Prize of Rs.18,000/-**
13. TCS Ninja Hiring 2021 for Freshers [Test on Aug 30]: Apply by Aug 15
Leading in the new normal has reinforced our global leadership position. It’s our privilege and pride to be acknowledged as a preferred partner of innovation and growth by our valued global customers.
Likewise, we are proud to be the employer of choice among aspiring students. We are happy to be starting with the TCS Ninja Hiring for YoP 2022 – the disruptive democratized model that proved to be a game-changer for the entry-level talent ecosystem.
- Age: Students should be of 18 to 28 years of age to participate in the TCS Ninja hiring process
- Courses & Discipline: UG/PG Engineering Courses from B.E. / B.Tech / M.E. / M.Tech / MCA / M.Sc from any specialization offered by the university / college are only eligible to apply.
- Registration: Logon to the TCS Next Step Portal here
- Important dates:
- Registration End Date: 15th August 2021
- Test Date: 30th August 2021 onwards
- Interview Date: To be announced post test results.
For more updates, keep visiting NoticeBard.com on regular basis.