The Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology is organizing the 11th IDRBT Doctoral Colloquium during the second week of December, 2021.
The Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) is the premier Institute of Banking Technology in India. Established by Reserve Bank of India in 1996, the Institute spearheads efforts in providing state-of-the-art technologies for the Indian Banking and Financial Sector.
About the Colloquium
With the objectives of networking technology researchers, sharing knowledge and learning from each other and exploring emerging areas of research in various areas of technology, the Institute announces the 11th IDRBT Doctoral Colloquium during the second week of December, 2021.
Students pursuing Ph.D. can share their research work and are benefitted from the academic community by obtaining valuable feedback for making progress in their research.
The Colloquium involves extensive participation of faculty members and technical experts from IDRBT as well as from other top technical institutes, banks, financial institutions, and industry in various capacities such as reviewers, presenters and members of Jury. The Doctoral Colloquium is a significant effort towards bringing together the best and latest in technology research related to Banking.
Call for Papers
This Colloquium provides an opportunity for passionate researchers pursuing their full-time Ph.D. to present and discuss their research ideas, problems, build a strong network and get invaluable feedback.
The colloquium invites submissions reflecting the current trends in the areas mentioned below and other closely related topics with an application to Banking Technology:
- Cyber Security – Network Security, Web Security, Application Security, Malware Analysis, Hardware Security, IoT Security, Mobile Security, Software Security, Information Security, Security Testing, Digital Forensics, Cyber Defence, Recent Trends in Cyber Attacks and Mitigation Techniques, Vulnerabilities and Controls
- Applied Cryptography – Access control, Anonymity and Privacy, Cryptographic Protocols, Key Management, Secure Multiparty Computation, Public Key Cryptography, Light Weight Cryptography
- Analytics – Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data, Social Media Analytics, Chatbots, Data Warehousing, Data Science, Information Retrieval and Extraction
- 5G and Mobile Computing – Banking Apps, Security Testing, Network Orchestration, 5G Use Cases for BFSI, Multilingual Services
- Authentication and Identity Management – Pattern Recognition, Image Processing, Multimodal Biometrics, Physiological and Behavioural Biometrics, Multi-factor Authentication, Single Sign-on, Privacy Preservation
- Data Centres, Virtualization and Cloud Computing – Green Computing, Open Source Technologies, Architectures, Security and Privacy, Edge and Fog Computing, Micro services, Multi-Access Edge Computing
- Web Services – Semantics, Ontologies, Discovery and Secure Composition, SoA
- Program Analysis – Dataflow, Control-flow Integrity, Secure Programming Practices, Open APIs
- Payment Channels and Systems – Digital Currency, Card Payments, ATM, PoS Devices, Mobile Payments, Drones, Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers, Wallets, Protocols for Secure Transactions
The copyright of the work presented in the colloquium shall rest with the author. However, the Institute would publish the title and abstract of the work presented in the Institute’s newsletters/reports.
- Research Scholars currently enrolled in any Indian Institute for full-time Ph.D. in any discipline directly related to the above-mentioned areas and have completed a minimum of two years of research after enrolling for full-time Ph.D. are eligible to participate in the Colloquium.
- Participants who have applied to the IDRBT Doctoral Colloquium previously need not apply again.
Submitted papers should give a clear description of the Ph.D. work being conducted by the author of the paper. In particular, papers must:
- Provide a clear problem statement, outlining the research challenges that drive the proposed work
- Describe the proposed solution with research methodology, its expected impact, and preliminary results
- Discuss the potential improvements the work will have on the state-of-the-art
- Compare the research outcomes with current literature and approaches (cite key papers).
Submissions must be formatted according to the following templates: MS Word; Latex; Latex Bibliography.
Each paper must be at most six pages in length including figures, tables, references and annexures if any. Please email a scanned copy of your Institutional Identity Card to email@example.com, and mention “<your name> – ID card” in the subject line of the email.
The above guidelines are strictly enforced, and papers not adhering to these guidelines risk rejection without a review.
A single PDF file should be submitted through EasyChair Submission System latest by August 15, 2021.
An eminent jury will evaluate the papers and the presentations and the top three scholars would receive prizes of INR 1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh), INR 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand) and INR 35,000/(Rupees Thirty Five Thousand) respectively in order of their standing. All presenters will also receive a certificate of participation.
- Paper Submission: August 15, 2021
- Notification of Acceptance: October 15, 2021
- 11th IDRBT Doctoral Colloquium: Second week of December, 2021 (final dates will be announced soon)
- Dr. Dipanjan Roy; Assistant Professor, IDRBT
Telephone: +91 (40) 2329 4308
- Dr. Susmita Mandal; Assistant Professor, IDRBT
Telephone: +91 (40) 2329 4303