About the Contest
In line with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision to promote Solar Energy, all entrepreneurs, scientists and researchers are invited to come up with innovative ideas to design and develop “Solar Chulha” (Solar Stove).
Develop at reasonable cost an effective and versatile solar-powered stove system that
- Cooks both at night and during the day
- Can be used for all cooking processes (boiling, steaming, frying)
- Is safe and easy to use
- Is built with materials that are available easily and can be disposed of safely
- Can be mass produced to achieve good quality control and economies of scale
- Can be used independently or in conjunction with some power from the grid.
- It should be able to provide sufficient meals for a family of five. During the night time it will work on stored energy with energy storage, having a life of around 2500 cycles
- The estimated cost of the solar chulha along with the energy source preferably not exceed Rs. 10,000/- per unit. ( For a volume of few lac units).
- The Challenge is open to Entrepreneurs/Scientists/Researchers (as individuals or in groups) with interest in innovation.
- The following persons and their immediate relatives cannot participate in the Challenge:
- An employee of ONGC directly involved in execution and evaluation of the Challenge.
- A member of the Evaluation panel, Experts and Jury for the Challenge.
- In addition, young students from academic and research institutions, can also participate through the 3rd National Competition 2017, on Design, Development and Demonstration of Solar Chulha, suitable for indoor cooking of Indian food (including frying, baking and chapati making), announced by ONGC Energy Centre. This will be posted at this link under 3rd National Competition in the News/Tenders/Advertisement tab.
- This Challenge is an online competition hosted at ONGC Start-Up Portal, for submission of description and documents of the original innovative solution, design, product, tool etc. for the challenge.
- Those who are interested to take up this development, may please register on the above portal latest by 1st December, 2017 as per the Online application format (Part A) to be filled.
- The shortlisted entrepreneurs/Scientists/Researchers for this challenge will be asked to demonstrate the Solar Chulha at New Delhi by end April 2018.
- They should submit their entries as per application format (PART B) by 15th April, 2018.
- All correspondence shall be through email or SMS on mobile number provided by the participant at the time of registration.
- Organizers and ONGC are not liable in case of SMS/ email delivery failures.
- Any clarification in this regard may be addressed to email@example.com.
a. The following 3 prizes shall be awarded in each of the identified challenge areas mentioned above
- First Prize: ₹ 10 Lacs
- Second Prize: ₹ 5 Lacs
- Third Prize: ₹ 3 Lacs
b. On successful demonstration and testing of performance of a few units, about 1000 units may be initially procured for demonstration in different regions.
c. ONGC may provide financial support for fabrication of 1000 units, from the start up fund set up by ONGC.
Any queries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full details, please view the official website link given here.