The Ishan Uday Scholarship is open to candidates who have domicile of the North-Eastern states of India i.e. Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
The scheme is applicable for students of first year undergraduate courses and enrolled in
the following institutions are eligible to apply :
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to
receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other statutory councils within as well as outside the States of
- The scholarship will be awarded in general degree courses, professional courses, technical courses, medical and paramedical courses (including MBBS, BAMS, BDS, B.Arch., B.Tech. etc.)
- Only those candidates whose annual family income is less than or equal to Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum are covered under ambit of the scheme.
Note: Students enrolled in integrated courses are eligible to apply. However, such awardees could avail scholarship only for the undergraduate part of the course.
There amount of scholarship depends upon course of study of the awardee. For the students pursuing General Degree Courses (BA, BSc, BCom, BMS, BBA etc.) it is Rs.5400/- p.m. and for students pursuing professional degree courses (B.E., BTech, MBBS, B. Pharm. etc. ) it is and Rs.7800/- p.m. for the entire duration of course.
The concerned University/ Institute/ College will verify whether the course of study for the candidate is general or professional.
How to apply
Applications are to be submitted online on this page.
Last date for applying is October 31, 2017.
For details about the scholarship, view the official FAQ page given here.