The Ministry of External Affairs internship programme provides an excellent opportunity for budding scholars to familiarize themselves with the process of formulation of foreign policy and its implementation by the Government of India.
Nature of Internship:
Interns shall report to and work under close supervision of the concerned Head of Division (HOD) or Head of Mission (HOM)/Head of Post (HOP).
They may be required to conduct research, write reports, analyze evolving developments, or carry out any other task entrusted to them by the HOD/HOM/HOP.
- The internship is open to Indian Citizens or OCI card holders.
- Candidates for on-site internship should possess a Graduate degree or equivalent before the commencement of internship.
- Students who are enrolled in a five-year course and have completed three years of the course before commencement of internship may also apply.
- For off-site internships, those enrolled in an Undergraduate course in any stream are also eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to applicants having an excellent academic track record and to research scholars.
Duration of Internship:
Internship is open throughout the year and shall be for a period of one to six months. Extension may be granted on case-to-case basis for intern at MEA Headquarters only.
The application form for can be downloaded here.
The duly filled application form should be sent by registered/speed post to:
Joint Secretary(Administration), Ministry of External Affairs,
Room No.149 A, South Block, New Delhli – 110011.
An advance copy of the application with attachments may be sent by e-mail to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queries, if any, may be addressed to Under Secretary (FSP) at email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications duly filled in and complete in all respect with required documents should reach at least one month before the commencement of the internship.