Good Governance Yatra is an immersive travel program and provides an experiential learning platform for aspiring change makers. It helps give first-hand exposure to good governance models, an opportunity to interact with the visionaries behind the project and learn about the intricacies of policy in action, among a host of other things.
Highlights of the program
- 9-day expedition to explore good governance models across multiple states of India
- Experience the model governance projects across various domains
- Travel with a diverse cohort and experience a fulfilling journey across India
- Interact with last-mile governance leaders and role-models in public policy
- Network with the best-performing policy-makers and leading policy thinkers
- Co-learn with future-leaders passionate about nation-building
Good Governance Yatra (GGY) is designed for young people who are willing to build a career in the domain of public policy, governance and public leadership.
GGY is appropriate for
- Young Professionals who want to explore and enter the area of public policy and governance.
- University students and Scholars who wish to take up full-fledged careers in development studies and governance.
- Civil Service Aspirants who wish to get a first-hand exposure to governance and supplement their knowledge of this field.
- Aspiring Politicians, who wish to experience governance, and hone their skills in this area.
- NRIs and foreign citizens who wish to learn about Indian policy framework and governance.
- Young Development Workers who wish to understand the intricacies of governance.
The selection is based on an online application which can be accessed by clicking here.
The competitive process includes the following:
- Statement of Purpose
- Academic Qualifications
- Video Essay (Required for Scholarships)
- Shortlisted applicants may also be asked for a web/telephonic interview.
For Indian citizens: ₹ 28,000
For others: $500
(To be deposited only after selection)
Scholarships will be provided on merit-cum-means basis to upto 50% for deserving applicants.
This amount is inclusive of:
- Travel for the entire duration of yatra
- Food and Accommodation
- Course Pack
- Workshops and Activities during the yatra
- Passes to 4 VIF Conferences/Conclaves after the yatra
Note: Application Deadline is October 22.
For any queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.