About the Conference:
This scholarship program aims to help students and graduates improve their knowledge of German (general language, special language) and their cultural knowledge of the country.
Who Can Apply:
- Applications are open to students in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in any subject area.
- Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period.
- Neither graduates holding a Master’s degree nor Ph.D. students are eligible for this program.
What Can be funded:
- The program funds attendance of language and area studies courses as well as special language/terminology courses that are offered by state or state-recognised German universities and by affiliated language schools. You can find information on the courses under www.daad.de/hsk-kursliste
- The courses are taught exclusively in German.
Duration of the Funding:
- The courses run for at least 18 teaching days (max. 5 days/week, excluding days of arrival and departure) with a minimum of 25 hours of teaching a week.
- The grants are non-renewable.
- The courses usually take place in the period from June to December.
- One-off scholarship payment of 850 euros; participants from the countries defined by the “OECD-DAC-List” (Least Developed Countries) receive a scholarship of 1,025 euros.
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe), see travel allowance)
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Please note: Course fees and accommodation expenses are usually deducted directly from scholarship payments by the language course provider so that the grant holder is possibly paid only the difference to the full amount of the scholarship by the course provider.
- A selection committee reviews applications
- The most important selection criteria are:
– previous academic achievements
– convincing arguments for the choice of study program and subject
– knowledge of German
- Applicants must be able to follow lectures in German and collaborate in teams.
- Proof of German language skills must be provided wirh the application.
- The language certificate for the required minimum language should be no more than one year old. Language certificates from B2 or TDN4 in all examined sections may be older than one year.
- The following language certificates can be accepted: onDaF, TestDaF, GI-Nachweis, DSD, DSH, telc Deutsch, ÖSD.
- In principle, applicants must provide proof of a minimum language level of B1.
Information and advisory centres
New Delhi Branch Office, German Academic Exchange Service
Regional Office Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka
c/o DLTA Complex, R.K. Khanna Stadium, 1 Africa Avenue
110029 New Delhi
Tel.: +91 (11)/6646-5500
Fax.: +91 (11)/6646-5555