The Indian Institutes of Management will conduct computer-based Common Admission Test 2017 (CAT 2017) on Sunday, 26th November, 2017 in two sessions. CAT 2017 will be conducted by IIMs as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PWD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of the Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- Candidates should note that the mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs.
- ₹900 for SC, ST and PwD category candidates.
- ₹1800 for all other categories of candidates.
Please note that a candidate needs to pay registration fee only once, irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for. SC, ST and PwD candidates must upload a copy of their SC/ST/PwD certificates at the time of registration. Fee once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
- The registration window opens on 9th August, 2017 and will close at 5:00 p.m. on 20th September, 2017. The details will be available in the registration guide.
- At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any four Test Cities as per their preference from the drop down menu.
- After the last date of registration, candidates will be allotted one among the 4 preferred cities and either of the two sessions. In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted a nearby city.
- The candidates can download the admit cards from 18th October, 2017 till 26th November, 2017.