Bank of Baroda introduces “Baroda Finathon Challenge”, a hackathon contest, inviting the techies, developers, students and start-ups to come up with exciting, innovative, novel and viable solutions under the listed themes.
For about two months, expert developers will showcase how their solutions can help Bank in developing better banking systems. We invite you to not only enjoy the outcome, but also the journey through a challenge that puts you to test via a coding battlefield.
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Experience
- Conversational Banking
- Operational Efficiency
- This is a team participation Hackathon. Team Size can be maximum of 3 members.
- You can either invite your friends to form a team or you can request other teams to add you as a member.
- You cannot add/delete team members after the idea submission round ends.
- It’s an online Hackathon, you can participate from anywhere.
- One team can submit a hack on only one theme
- Once the Hackathon starts, you will get an option to submit your hack. You can submit as many times as you want, the last hack will be considered as the final submission.
- You need to mention all the APIs you will be using while submitting your idea.
- You are expected to come up with new and innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
- Your hack must be developed entirely during the Hackathon duration. You may use open source libraries and other freely available systems / services such as Google Maps, Facebook Connect, Twitter feeds etc.
Bank will go through the ideas submitted as part of the Phase 1 and will shortlist the ideas for development of prototypes. Teams whose ideas have been shortlisted would be informed by 14th October, 2017.
The shortlisted teams would develop prototype of their proposed solution in phase 2 and submit before the hackathon submission deadline of 5th Nov 2017. Bank would evaluate these prototypes on the evaluation parameters mentioned below and the final shortlisting of solutions would be announced. The teams whose Solution are shortlisted would make presentation in the Grand Finale, where an eminent Jury will decide the final three winners.
The decision of Jury would be final and no questions would be entertained in this regard.
The Submission provided in Baroda Finathon Challenge will be evaluated on:
- Business Potential and Relevance
- Uniqueness in the approach and solution
- User Experience
- Scalability, Ease of deployment and maintenance
- Security aspects
First Prize: Rs. 5,00,000.
Second Prize: Rs. 3,00,000
Third Prize: Rs. 2,00,000.
Potential opportunity to explore a commercial relationship with Bank.
For full details and registration, visit the link given here.