Anant Education Initiative, launched in March 2011, aims to empower education by eliminating obstacles born out of poverty thus creating new footprints of knowledge within our society.
Anant Merit Scholarship is for aspiring meritorious students from the economically weaker sections of society irrespective of caste, creed, faith or race – so that they can pursue higher studies after successfully clearing the Class X & Class Xll Board exams.
Who Can Apply:
Students who score 70 per cent or above in their Class X or Class XII Board exams and whose family income doesn’t exceed Rs 5,000 per month, are eligible to apply for the Anant merit scholarship.
- Each item should be read carefully before filling the form. No change will be permitted after it has been submitted. If any entry is found to be incorrect the scholarship, if awarded, is liable to be cancelled forthwith.
- Incomplete Application or Application received after the prescribed date will not be considered.
- Eligibility criteria of marks: For Class X passed applicants 70% in aggregate. For Class XII passed applicants 70% in aggregate (best of 5 subjects).
- Eligibility criteria of family income: Less than Rs 5000 / per month.
- Minimum 50% of the total number of Scholarship will be given to meritorious girl students.
- Scholarship will also be offered to deserving physically challenged students.
- Students from schools located in West Bengal only are eligible to apply.
- Final selection of Anant Scholars will be at the sole discretion of the Board of Trustees of Anant Education Initiative.
- Interviews will be held in Kolkata
- Any change in the provided information should be immediately informed through an email or a phone call to Anant Officials.
- You can contact our office from Monday to Friday – 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM / Saturday – 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM.
The Selection Process:
- Students apply for the scholarship
- Anant Education Initiative selects deserving candidates from applications
- Anant call centre calls them for interviews
- Interviews are conducted
- Selected students complete banking formalities; AEI opens an individual bank account for each student
- Scholarships are disbursed to selected candidates